Feb 27, 2008

Bombay in a few hours

So today I went on a little walking tour, with my camera.

I'll just put the pictures up and describe them.

This is (formerly) Queen Victoria Station, the main rail station in Mumbai. It now has an unpronouncable name. It's actually about 3 times bigger than it looks in this shot, I couldn't fit it all in the camera. It's the biggest train station in Asia, by the way.


Another great colonial era building, formerly the Prince of Wales Museum, now unpronouncable.


Inside the museum: pervy sculptures, as my cousin would accuse me of. A heap of them.



Aargh where's the Buddha's head?


Oh there he is. Stuffed and mounted.


Parsi girl. One of my forbears.


Next stop, the Gateway of India, built by the British just in time to walk out of it.


Just kidding. This is the Gateway of India.


It's just by the In and Out Burger. They make pretty good burgers.


Another one of the big gate, just to provide some local colour (viz. women in sari's. Chessy take note of the current fashions).


Cya all next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You see what happens Larry?

Alexander said...

Mark it eight, Dude.