Jul 31, 2008

What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding? Part 2, or: From bombs and bhang to mountains and maoists.

Hi all. I have a series of blog posts lined up, it's just been a while since I could get to a computer that could upload photos, and it took me a while to get over the family writing hump (I'll get to it).

Briefly, I've been in Ahmedabad (way before the blasts), Chittorgarh, Bundi, Agra and now Bodhgaya. I've decided to do like the Beatles and do a 10 day meditation course. Quick quiz, will Alex:

  1. Complete the 10 day course and become enlightened?
  2. Complete the 10 day course and remain exactly the same?
  3. Run screaming away from the heat, lack of cigarettes and boredom around day 3?

As John says, tomorrow only knows, or something like that.

After the levitating, I'm going to head up to Kathmandu in Nepal and stick around until I get a new Indian visa, then head back down to Varanasi. But for the next 10 days I will be in seclusion. In the west wing.

5 comments:

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Hmm. Hope you get a White Album's worth of songs out of your experience, if nothing else.

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Tomorrow never knows.

Anthony Rochester said...

how's the serenity?

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I got a very lovely package in the mail yesterday... but you (I mean, whoever sent it) kinda got my size wrong, so Kate might hafta wear it. Will blog about it on Fashion Friday. If you ever find out who sent it, can you please thank them from me?

Alexander said...

Will do, Pablo.

I think it was hand stitched by child labourers, enjoy!