Jun 1, 2008

I Fought the Law, and the Law Won.

The other day some friends and I decided to go swimming in the Taj (blogged about here and here) pool. I had it on good advice that it was easy-ish to do - my Mum had told me that she used to dress up as a guest and go do it, and one of the people I went with had done it a few times before. Anyway, on the way out we got asked for our room number... ruh roh.

Here's what we ended up with:

That's a thousand rupees each (only $25 au, but enough to eat for a week cheaply). Hmpph, never going back there again.

The policeman (yes policeman) who came took a liking to me though, he gave me his number in case I ever get into any trouble. Who says every cloud doesn't have a silver lining, every rose doesn't have it's thorn etc...

2 comments:

Anthony Rochester said...

I used to have a place at the airport where I parked for free. I thought I was pretty clever, and didn't think it was all that unethical, but then an official mannie saw me do it and told me off :(
I'll never go back there again

Alexander said...

To the airport? Could be difficult.

Is there a difference between unethical and illegal? Discuss amongst yourselves and then report back with a 'yes' or 'no' answer.