Oct 11, 2008

Mamma Mia

Mum sent me some pics of her time in Nepal, back when she was a young ingenue in 1969 (I mean 1979). She was bussing from Calcutta to London. It took her two months, and she went through some of the places I've visited too, so will be interesting to compare pics. This was her itinerary:

Calcutta, Bodhgaya, Birganj, Khatmandu, Birganj, Patna, Benares, Khajuraho, Agra, Jaipur, Delhi, Amritsar, Lahore, Peshawar, Kabul, Kandahar, Herat, Mashed, Bodjnoord, Babolsar, Teheran, Isfahan, Shiraz, Isfahan, Teheran, Tabriz, Agri, Erzurum, Trabzon, Samsun, Ankara, Urgup, Istanbul, Alexandroupolis, Thessalonika, Delphi, Athens, Thessalonika, Nis, Belgrade, Zagreb, Venice, Innsbruck, Heidelberg, Brussels, London.

Here she is in Bhaktapur. If I'd had this pic when I was there I would have done the same pose:


But here's my pic, from the other side:


Lastly, a Taj Mahal pic from a few years ago. If I'd had this I would have repeated it also:

3 comments:

Alexander said...

From my mum:

Uhoh! You look So cuddly ....

sigh...

xxx

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I want close-ups of M.Pos!!

P.S. Heading to any of the test matches?

Alexander said...

Will try to get to the Delhi test, Pablo.