Mar 21, 2008

Jodhpur back-blogging

Is my new term for blogging about things that happened in the past, as if they are happening now. Forgive me if I muddle my tenses.

So ok I got sick in Jodhpur, which was a lovely city to get sick in. I was staying at Joshi's Cozy Guest House, which I highly recommend. I didn't feel like doing anything so just stayed in the hotel. I met a few travellers my age, which was fun. Neil, a Yorkshireman who was just about to go back home, an American/Swedish couple who had been travelling for 2 years and were also sick, and Olga (briefly), a Russian girl who I also met in Bombay on the Bollywood day. We ended up drinking, playing cards etc, was a nice time.

Once I felt better I did a day's sightseeing. It's marriage season here and everyone was getting together the day before the wedding. The women look a lot more photogenic all over India because the men mainly dress in western clothes.



In town there was some kind of procession involving camels, tractors, people dressed up as Hindu gods, marching bands and a holy man. I'll post some video later when I can get a better connection.


I went up to the fort, which was quite impressive.






Hmm, where did I leave my camel?


Cheeky monkey back at the hotel.


Update: Here's the video of the procession.

No comments: