Apr 15, 2008

The Postman Always Calls Twice

In Palolem someone told me the only post office was in Chowdi, about a 20 minute, 100 rupee rickshaw ride away. I bought a heap of bags to sell when I get back to Hobart, and wanted to post them home as I was leaving the next day. So I lugged them up the beach to the rickshaw, but when I got to Chowdi all the shops were closed for lunchtime (it was 3pm!).

Anyway, I go into the Post Office, which was open, and a guy there says they are closed for the day, I have to go back to Palolem, there is a Post Office on the beach, but I will have to pay 200 rupees extra there. So back I go to the beach, stomping around for a while before I find it.

In the beach Post Office, there was the same guy to take my money. He made it back before I did. I felt like I was in a Little Britain sketch where if I went into the butcher's it would be the same guy too, unless the Post Office guy said he was out to lunch

No comments: